I’m sure you’ve all noticed that we’ve moved from ANIMEPALM.COM, to ANIMEPALM.TV. There are several reasons for this, the main one being that we’re an Anime streaming website, and I figured we’d be better off having a .TV to represent that. There have been several changes made that I’m going to detail below.
- We used to have a forum, which held downloads for a variety of Anime series, and offered users the option of conversing with other Anime fans. We’re still offering that, but we’ve moved our forum from Animepalm.com/forum to Animesociety.net. The forum will become its own entity. The forum will no longer be “Animepalm’s forum”, but its own website.
- The theme has been changed, and is hopefully easier to use and/or navigate now. I’m having another custom theme made by a professional friend of mine, so expect another theme change in the next few weeks.
- We’ve reintroduced the series genres, which we’ll be slowly updating to hopefully make it easier to search for the Anime you want by genre.
- We got rid of our broken subbed series, and replaced them all with fully working mirrors. Same goes for dubbed series, although there are still broken series in there that we’re working on replacing. Please bare with us in the meantime.
- We’ve also cleaned the comments, deleting most of them, if you’re wondering where they went.
If you have any questions, don’t be afraid to leave a comment below.
I just thought I’d update you all. There’s going to be several hours of downtime today, as the hard drive failed, and needs to be replaced. There will be a backup made of the server, however, while it is being replaced, the server will be unreachable. Please bear with us while we’re waiting for it to be replaced; I’ll be sure to update you all with the progress once everything is done and ready.
Over the next couple days, we’ll be upgrading our servers to accommodate the increase in traffic to all of my websites. The server will be somewhat slower over the next few days (48-72hrs if everything goes well). The upgrade will speed up the website significantly, and help us incorporate several new features into the website. We’re sorry for the trouble, but it’s necessary, as without it, none of my sites will be able to grow. You can still watch Anime and download on the forums without problem, just give everything a few extra seconds to load.
So if you haven’t already noticed, Megaupload was recently seized by the FBI, NOT BECAUSE OF SOPA/PIPA, although those bills are still frightening nonetheless.
What does this mean? Well, most Anime download websites use Megaupload, including us, either as a main download source, or a way to remote upload the file to other hosts like Fileserve, Filejungle, Filesonic, etc., so all the websites (warez, gaming, movies, anime) that used it as a source now have dead links. Although sad, that doesn’t mean there are no won’t be any downloads, as websites are always starting to repair themselves by re-uploading to different hosts. Everything will take longer since we can’t remote upload through Megaupload anymore, but the downloads we lost will slowly be replaced on other sources.
The SOPA act is close to being binned, and the voting on the PIPA act has been delayed, with minimal chances of actually making it through.
What this means is that we’re going to have to work incredibly hard to replace all the downloads on the forums, PLUS all the Megavideo mirrors on the main site (34,000+ episode mirrors ugh.) That’s OK though, we’ll wade through all the crap and there’ll be no difference – as if Megaupload was never used anyway.
You guys will be needing to get some new Premium accounts though, which I know sucks, as some of you had lifetime accounts. A lot of links will either be on Fileserve or Filesonic at the moment, while the new Streaming sources will be Putlocker and UploadC. If you have any other suggestions, then please let us know, as we’d love to get more sources for everyone, so nothing like this can ever happen again.
We’re not going anywhere, a lot of our streams still work as they have 4-8 mirror sources, we still have downloads on Fileserve and/or Filesonic, we’ll just need to work on replacing more, faster.
Thanks for reading,